MotoGP News

Lorenzo – I’m Going to Race the Next Two Years and 100% in MotoGP with a Competitive Bike



Lorenzo – I’m Going to Race the Next Two Years and 100% in MotoGP with a Competitive Bike. Jorge Lorenzo has denied the rumors that were talking about a possible withdrawal at the end of the season if the Mallorcan rider cannot find a competitive motorbike for 2019. The #99 has offered his usual press conference at the Ducati hospitality in Mugello today. who has denied any possibility of not remaining in MotoGP as of December 31, and has also taken advantage of his presence in Italy to respond to the latest statements by Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali, in which he said that Jorge is a “great rider who has not managed to get the most out of our motorcycle. ”

“I’m not going to value those statements,” Jorge said in relation to the words of Ducati’s chief executive. “What I’m going to tell you is that I’m not a great rider, I’m a champion.” From here to the end of the season I’m going to try for the Ducati fans, to give my best, as I’ve always done, to try to get podiums and, to be able to be, victories with this motorcycle because that is what the champions do “.

The three-time MotoGP champion has made it clear that he will continue racing in the premier class for a minimum of two more seasons, and he will also do so with a competitive bike, although he did not want to give more details: “Today, contrary to what has been published in some media, what I can say is that I’m going to run the next two years and one hundred percent in MotoGP and it will be with a competitive motorcycle, which is the only thing I can say. ”

One of the possible destinations of the Mallorcan would be Yamaha, a brand with which he has won everything in MotoGP. The official structure is closed, but rumors point to a satellite Yamaha equal to Valentino and Viñales in 2019. “Obviously, Albert [representative of Lorenzo] and I are looking at other alternatives. Given the statements and what is palpable in the environment we are looking at other things, but everything is possible and I can not say much more “, said Lorenzo, pointing out that there will be nothing definitive until the Catalunya GP:” In Montmeló you will have more information “.

Lorenzo faces a decisive grand prize not only for his future. Run in Mugello, Ducati’s house and fans of the ducatist brand expect a lot from him and from Dovizioso. “Each race is important,” Jorge explained, “Mugello will be important because for the Ducati fans it is essential to play a good role, the circuit suits the bike and me”.

Regarding the last test completed, Lorenzo also talked about the modification he tried in the tank of his GP18: “In Montmeló I tried a different tank that helps me to stop, so here in Mugello I have many expectations. derived from the change in ergonomics, last year was different, but now I am confident because in the test I was fast, especially at the rhythm level, this time Zarco and Viñales only passed me in the final part “.